After serving to 1000’s of people in every single place in the world install SSDs — people of all ages, backgrounds, and laptop computer means ranges — we’re glad that you’ve got what it takes to install an SSD. With little better than a screwdriver and your system’s proprietor’s handbook, you could install an SSD. That is the best way it is executed.
- 2.5-inch Important SSD
- Non-magnetic tip screwdriver
- Your system’s proprietor’s handbook
If altering your current drive, we advocate utilizing data migration (cloning) software program program to switch all of your data from your current drive onto your new laborious drive. Data migration software program program is in the marketplace at somdgc.org.
- Static electrical vitality can hurt the weather in your system. To protect your system’s components from static hurt all through the arrange course of, contact any of the unpainted metal surfaces on your laptop computer’s physique or placed on an ESD wrist strap sooner than touching or coping with interior components. Each methodology will safely discharge static electrical vitality that’s naturally present in your physique.
- To protect your new SSD, do not contact the connectors on the drive.
- Do not open the SSD. Doing so will void your assure.
Desktop arrange instructions
- Ensure to’re working in a static-safe environment. Take away any plastic baggage or papers from your work home.
- Shut down your system. As quickly as your system has been powered off, unplug the power cable.
- Preserve down the power button for 3-5 seconds to discharge residual electrical vitality.
- Take away the case cowl from your desktop. Refer to your system’s handbook for the best way to do this.
- To protect your drive and components from static hurt all through the arrange course of, contact any of the unpainted metal surfaces on your laptop computer’s physique or placed on an ESD wrist strap sooner than coping with interior components.
- Using your proprietor’s handbook, discover your laptop computer’s storage drive bays and see the dimensions of the bays. To install a 2.5-inch SSD in a 3.5-inch bay, join the drive to an adapter bracket, which may maintain it secured in the open home. If your desktop has a 2.5-inch storage bay, you will not need to use an adapter.
- To install the SSD as your main storage drive, take away the prevailing drive and any linked cables. Reconnect the cables to your new SSD.
- To install the SSD as a secondary drive, use a SATA cable and fasten one end of the cable to the SATA connector on your motherboard. Join the alternative end of the SATA cable to your Important SSD. Then, use an on the market SATA vitality cable coming from your system’s vitality present, and be part of the cable to your Important SSD. For each form of install, search the recommendation of your proprietor’s handbook for the best way to take away an current drive (if very important), and the best way to take care of the cables.
- Mount and secure the SSD in the open drive bay.
- Substitute the case cowl on your desktop and reconnect the power cable. Power on your laptop computer.
- In case you did not migrate your data from an current drive, install working system, drivers, utilities and features as needed. Arrange is now full.